Suppose you are seeking help for your PayPal account. Connect vis-a-vis with a PayPal expert by Just an Answer, an Android Authority partner. PayPal accounts are outstanding in making easy access and can use to buy all kinds of products. But all good things get to the end, and if you are here, you probably ready to know how to delete a PayPal account.
Also Read this: How to unlink PayPal from eBay? | eBay Tips (2021)
How to delete PayPal account on SmartPhone:
Ensure you want to close the PayPal account and finish the prerequisites above; it’s time to start the process. Although it’s permanent, the entire process still takes a few minutes. It’s worth noting, however, that users can only do it on the web. You will not find any way to learn how to delete a PayPal account from the Android or iOS app.
How to delete PayPal account on Website:
Knowing how to delete a PayPal account is the same as whether you possess personal and business performance. It’s possible to downgrade to a unique version if you have a business account. But you have to contact customer service for that.
- Log in to the official website of PayPal.
- Select the Settings button present at the top right.
- Click on Close your Account under Account Options.
- Enter your bank account information when requested.
- Click on the Close Account option.
In the finish, your Account will close, and everything associated with it permanently deletes. Ere doing so, here are few things you need to know. We list all the details and step-by-step instructions on how to delete a PayPal account. Get set ready!
Reason to Delete your PayPal account:
- A PayPal account does not charge any money to maintain, but there are few reasons why you want to delete your Paypal account. Maybe you got a business account, and your business is closing down. Perhaps you switch to an alternative like Venmo or Transferwise. Or might you desire to open another account using another email address?
- A handful of reasons are there for users to close down the PayPal account. Note it there is no cost associate with keeping it open When it seems like the right idea to close down the Account. One day you decide to use PayPal again; you never know. Several users may choose to close down the PayPal account because:
- They do not use the Account in the future. For instance, the users switch to the Stripe Payment Gateway or found a cheaper alternative.
- The account compromise, wish to close it for safety reasons.
- Open another account with another email address.
- They already had an account for a business that is no longer trading.
Whatever the reason is, it’s a good idea to learn how to delete a PayPal account if you never plan on using it again. PayPal is secure, but the user should watch any place on the web where your personal and financial details enlist cautiously.
Also Read this: How to unban someone on Discord Server? (2021)
Information of closing PayPal account:
Before getting into how to delete a PayPal account, there are some things you desire to know. Most importantly, once you delete your PayPal account, it’s for good. You can make a new PayPal account using a different or the same email address, but everything tied to the report will delete. That means the transaction history will be lost, so make sure you create a copy before closing the Account.
The other thing you want to make is withdrawing the remaining balance you possess in the Account. You can do it by transferring to another PayPal account, transferring it to a bank account, or requesting a PayPal check. Users can use the balance to buy goods online or donate them for worthy reasons.
Suppose you get an outstanding balance from PayPal credit, and you will not be able to close the Account until it pays. The same way for pending payments or other issues on the PayPal account. You might need to contact customer service to resolve the problem, depending on what it is.
4 Steps to Closing PayPal account:
- Empty the PayPal balance.
- Pay any outstanding balance.
- Fix issues by involving customer service.
- Optionally, create a copy for transactional history.
Notes Before Closing:
As a PayPal account closes down, it cannot reopen, meaning all the transaction history loses. It is vital to screenshot or print out your transaction history if you need it later.
- To delete your PayPal account, you need to use a laptop or computer. It cannot close down from a mobile phone.
- If you have decided to close down your PayPal account before doing so, make sure you collect the entire PayPal balance.
- To manage your credit, you may choose few things:
- Transfer it to a bank account; it will take two days for the money to appear.
- Request a check from PayPal by paying a small fee.
- Or buy few items from the online shop.
Also Read this: How to cancel Xfinity Tv, Mobile, and Internet? (2021)
Methods to Close PayPal Account?
The instructions to delete the Account are slightly different, depending on PayPal titles as personal or business. Follow the instructions below depending on the type of PayPal account you wish to close.
5 Steps to Delete a Personal PayPal Account:
- Log in to the PayPal account.
- Click on the Settings menu nearby to Log Out.
- Click on the Close account button, under the Account Options section,
- Enter bank details if requested.
- Click on the Close Account button.
6 Steps to Delete a Business PayPal Account:
- Log in to the PayPal account.
- Click on the Profile button nearby the Log Out.
- Click on the Profile and Settings button.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Close Account button present next to Account at the top of the Account Settings page.
- Click the Close account button to delete your PayPal account.
As a PayPal account closes down, you cannot access it. Your history on PayPal will be lost. You can make a new PayPal, although you will not be able to view the previous Account’s transaction history. Future online payments cannot make using the deleted Account. After reading the article, you become an expert on how to delete a PayPal account.