Facebook is a leading platform of the world’s social media with a hundred features and billions of users. Thus, Facebook helps people to connect with others who are in a distant world. Facebook users engage each other in sharing videos, photos, and text. Meanwhile, people express their anger, rudeness, and harsh side of personality in comments and posts. Therefore you need to know how to turn off comments on Facebook posts.
5 Methods to Turn Off Comments on Facebook Posts:
For instance, if one is posting something on a business page, a vengeful person can post hostile critics that might put other potential customers off. That leads to an abundance of trolling, destructive criticism, and other harmful forms of communication.
To solve your problem here, we are to tell you how to turn off comments on Facebook posts.
10 Steps to Turn off Comments on Facebook Posts by PC:
This part of the article will teach you how to turn off comments on Facebook posts from a PC or mobile. Again, it is necessary to be a group admin to turn off comments on a post by PC or mobile.
- Go to Facebook, log in to your account.
- Go to News Feed present on the top right.
- Select the menu arrow and click on the Manage Groups option.
- As the Groups page opens, go to the left pane of the page.
- Now make a click on the group that you want to edit.
- From here, locate the post that you want to turn off the Comment.
- Click the arrow present on the top right of the post.
- Click on the turn-off commenting from the list of options present in the drop-down menu.
- The Comment will disappear from the post!
- Check highlighted portion of the image below where Comments are visible.
5 Steps to Turn off Comments on Facebook Post by Mobile:
The steps are here to serve you information on how to turn off comments on Facebook posts from the Mobile App. These steps may perform through Android and iPhone App.
- Go to the Facebook App on your Mobile phone.
- Then, go to the top right of the App.
- Click on the three horizontal lines.
- Tap on Groups from the drop-down options.
- That will open the Facebook Groups.
While using Facebook for iPhone, the lines option will appear under the App.
- From the Facebook Group list, tap a group to open it.
- Swipe right to see groups.
- Alternatively, you can tap the groups.
- Then tap on a group that you want.
- Find the Facebook post you want to turn off Comment.
- Tap the three dots top right of the post.
- Now, tap Turn Off Commenting from the list of available options.
20 Steps to Turn Off Comments on Facebook Posts:
Unfortunately, it’s not easy to turn off comments on Facebook posts. That means that you need to be a little creative to control your privacy and content. Here we will explain it in a straightforward method.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the down arrow present at the top right of the screen.
- Now, select Settings.
- From there, you want to change the privacy setting.
- Here you can make a selection of your friend or another user to allow you to see posts.
- Even allow reviewing other tagging before they go live on the timeline of your Facebook homepage.
- You can limit the users to access your personal information.
- Choose the Only Me option to turn off comments on a Facebook post.
- Only Me options mean only you can see the post that relates to you only. You can constantly update the privacy setting in a post after it publishes.
- Select the Facebook post to edit privacy settings.
- Now, select the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the post.
- Tap on Edit Privacy from settings.
- Choose from Public, Friends, or Friends except.
- Friends except an option will let you show a post.
- Please select a group of your friend to hide it from everyone else. To do this, go to the account settings.
- Choose the option Who can post on your timeline.
- Now, click on the Edit button.
- Select between Friends and Only Me.
- That prevents random posting on your Facebook timeline.
In this post, we’ll explore all the ways to help you learn how to turn off comments on Facebook posts individually and altogether.
5 Steps to Turn off Comments on Facebook Groups:
As being a Facebook user, you can turn off comments on Facebook pages and groups. First, it’s essential to know how to turn off comments on Facebook posts to stop incidents from happening from a group. For that, you need to be the group admin or a person who shares the post initially. Sometimes you need to turn off comments on Facebook Group to avoid the whole group. Here are steps to understand.
- Select the posts on a group that you don’t need to receive in comments.
- Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Turn Off Comments options.
- If you have admin privileges, you can only turn off comments in groups or share the post by yourself.
- You can make your group private.
This way, your group’s post comments help you to exercise more control over the content. Unfortunately, Facebook is notorious for limiting user’s ability to customize interactions. Turning off comments is no exception to this.
4 Steps to Turn Off Comments on Facebook Interface:
Facebook recently launched a new interface for the desktop site. It’s a visual overhaul to enhance accessibility for everyone. Users can switch to the interface with a single click of a button. In addition, you can learn how to turn off comments on Facebook posts by using the interface by the simple method.
- Select post for privacy settings.
- Tap on the three-dot option present on the upper right of the post.
- Tap on the Edit Audience option.
- Choose from Public, Friends, Friends except, Only Me, Specific friends, or Acquaintances.
Hopefully, we explained how to turn off comments on Facebook posts by mobile, PC, individual post, or group. In this article, we told you about the interface used on desktops to turn off the comments on Facebook posts. Try and use the methods to solve your problem. Like, share, and comment on your feedback. Thank you!